Thursday, April 7, 2011

CYBER BULLYING

This article was indeed tragic and most likely a reminder of how words are incredibly impacted in daily life of individuals. I have greater connection to this article because I have been to Akihabara, Japan on a school trip. Akihabara is a place where thousands of people travel to see anime, games and new technology. The likely hood of that happening to our group would have been slim to none, but just thinking about the action would be traumatic at the least. Cyber bullying is a fighting tactic that is growing at a faster pace, that many people do without hesitation. I myself value the price of words and how they can change peoples lives. Many people are dependent on a "board", and feel "put out", "humiliated", or even "hated", on a server so it could be devastating to them.They put a large amount of time on a board, so their life is the board. He even threatened the harassers that he would use a vehicle and knife to kill people. Tomohiro Kato, stated that "... my way of life, which was deeply dependent on the board." His last comment was "Its time." He that ran over civilians with a truck, and than used large knife to stab pedestrians. He killed seven people and injured more than ten people. He doesn't blame his mother for his crimes, he only wanted to show the harassers that he was serious about his threats, and wanted the bullying to stop. I am tired of life,” Kato later told police. “I came to Akihabara to kill people. It didn’t matter who they were. I came alone.” – The Washington Post.


It comes to an understanding that everyone breaks at a certain point in time. So is it true, that "Sticks and stones my break my bones, but words may never hurt me?" 


link to Article.


People hurt or even dead in Akihabara.

The Message. 



No comments:

Post a Comment